1) Determine if you had "close contact" with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19. Close contact is defined as:
•You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more •You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19 •You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them) •You shared eating or drinking utensils •They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
2) Download the "Covid Symptom Tracker for Quarantine" from this page
3) Day #1 of quarantine is considered the day after your last close contact with the Covid-19 positive person.
4) Stay away from other people as much as possible. Document any symptoms on the tracker.
5) If you develop any of the symptoms listed on the tracker, call us at 303- 381-3700 and schedule a telemedicine appointment to determine the best time to test you.
6) If you remain without symptoms you may be able to do a shorter quarantine than the full 14 days. Here are the criteria:
1) Your county/state has adopted the shorter quarantine guidelines (currently Colorado has adopted these)
2) If you do not develop symptoms by day #5 of quarantine, call us at 303-381-3700 for a telemedicine visit to document all of your data. We will then have you do a drive-by Covid swab
3) If you remain without symptoms by day #7 and have a negative Covid test back then you may exit quarantine and use the normal precautions recommended for your community
If testing is not available..............
4) Continue the symptom tracker until day #10, if you still do not have any symptoms you may be released from quarantine on day #11