Covid Vaccine Update January 22, 2021by Whitney Kennedy on 01/27/21
Covid-19 Vaccination Update
January 22, 2021
Governor Polis again addressed the state today with new updates on vaccine numbers and access.
· 6% of 5.7 million Coloradoans have received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
· 83,000 doses are expected to be delivered next week
· Newest distribution is as follows:
o 60% to large hospital systems and retail pharmacies
o 15% to Community Health Care Clinics
o 15% to Local Health Departments
o 10% to the Governor’s Equity Task Force and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to ensure that underserved minorities and populations get access to vaccine Everyone has access to vaccine regardless of their immigration status
· Exciting news for middle school and high school children in Denver and surrounding counties this week- finally getting back to school
· Unfortunately, no Covid-19 vaccine has been approved for children 15 years old and under so it is important to get as many adults vaccinated as possible to help protect our children as well.
· It won’t be too long before we will enter Phase 2: see phases at
· We are not sure exactly how and by whom medical disease designations will be assigned in the 16-59 age group- but when we know, we will let you know.
· For those who are 70 years old and up we have new phone number contacts for those who do not use the internet as much
o www.DenverHealth.org/CovidVaccine 303-436-7000
o Boulder Community Health www.BCH.org 303-415-7777
o www.SCLHealth.org/CovidVaccine/ 1-833-762-0141
o www.Centura.org/Vaccine 1-866414-1562
o www.UCHealth.org/CovidVaccine 303-453-2477
o www.healthonecares.com/Vaccine 303-453-2477
o www.saludclinic.org no # yet
o Kaiser www.KP.org/CovidVaccine/Colorado no # yet
· You do not need a previous affiliation with any of these groups to get signed up for a vaccination
· There is NO COST to get these vaccinations- they may ask for your pharmacy benefit insurance info to bill your insurance for administration of the vaccine but patients should not be paying anything.
· FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE OLDER FRIENDS, NEIGHBORS AND FAMILY WHO MAY NOT BE TECH SAVVY- CONSIDER OFFERING SOME HELP GETTING THEM SCHEDULED ON-LINE- THIS IS STILL THE MOST EFFICIENT METHOD- WHEN VACCINE BECOMES AVAILABLE THE ABOVE HOSPITAL SYSTEMS WILL REACH OUT TO THEM.
· In the meantime, everyone stay safe and healthy
Governor Polis’ press Conference January 22, 2021: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLoiv73QbZc&t=1923s
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Vaccines for Coloradoans Update:
Stay tuned to our Blog at https://www.highlandshealthforlife.com for continuing updates
Whitney S. Kennedy, M.D.